5 Tips on how to choose your local business domain name
Your local business domain name or website address is one of the key components in any SEO strategy. If you haven’t registered a domain name, here are a few tips to guide you in choosing one:
1. Whatever domain name you choose, make sure it ends in .com. However if that is not possible you can also use .org and .net extensions. These three extensions are the best ones to use for the US online market.
2. Avoid using hyphenated domain names. For example, just because you the domain name www.doctorsinnewyork.com is already taken, don’t register a hyphenated version like www.doctors-innewyork or www.doctors-in-newyork. Hyphenated domains don’t give the impression of being authority domain and have a low grade image in SEO. Instead try adding a prefix or suffix such as www.doctorsinnewyorkonline.com or www.emergencydoctorsinnewyork.com. Needless to say if you really want to hyphenate, use no more than 1-2 hyphens.
3. Keep your domain names short and don’t elongate them to longer than 3 or 4 words. For example if you run a hardware shop called “Anthony Bradley and Sons Hardware & Electricals”, you may want to use www.abradleyandsons.com or www.bradleyhardware.com. You definitely don’t want to register www.anthonybradleyandsonshardwareandelectricals.com!
4. Even if you operate as franchise or dealership for a major company, avoid using branded company names in your domain as this is illegal and you could get sued. If you want to use brand names in your domain always get written permission from the brand owners.
5. It’s wise to build a site using your keywords in the domain for additional SEO leverage. Let’s say you run a pizza joint called Papa Pedro’s Pizza and your keywords “pizza in nyc”, it would make sense to register both www.papapedrospizza.com and www.pizzainnyc.com. In this way you can have multiple website rankings from one keyword using the two sites. Just imagine if you registered all your keywords as domains- you could easily own the first page of Google for those keywords with proper SEO!
http://mylocalresults.com/Maps2015 – FREE Google Maps Optimization & SEO Training Course on EXACTLY What to Do to Dominate the Google Maps 7-Pack Results in 2015!
Google Maps SEO Introduction:
Google My Business SEO Step #1: Picking the Right Website Address:
Google My Business SEO Step #2: Creating the Right Website Structure:
Google My Business SEO Step #3: Boosting Your Citation “Authority”:
Google My Business SEO Step #4: The Importance of Content Syndication:
Google My Business SEO BONUS Training: “Geo-Optimization” for Maps:
In This Training Session I’m Going to Reveal the Exact Methods That You Need to Follow To Get Your Google My Business Listing to The Top of Google’s Local Search Results in 2015, In as Little as 7 Days.
You See Ever Since Google’s Latest Local Algorithm Update Known as “Pigeon” in Late July of 2014 The Local “Maps” Results Underwent MAJOR Changes Effecting Many Local Businesses…Maybe Even Yours?
The “Pigeon” Update Was Rolled Out Nationwide and Drastically Changed Google’s Local Search Results. You See Prior to Last July, If You Wanted to Get Your Business Listing to The Top of Google Maps Really All You Had to Do Was List Your Business in a Few Hundred Local Search Directory Websites Like Yelp, CitySearch, Foursquare, Yahoo Local, Manta, eZlocal, etc. And If You Did That, Within a Few Weeks to Maybe a Month, Your Listing Made it to Page #1. Basically You Could “List” Your Way to The Top of The Search Results. It Was Really as Simple as That…
Although The Ranking Factors Have Changed, Google My Business is Still The Fastest Way to Get Free Leads From the 97% of Local Consumers Looking to Find Your Products & Services.
If You Know Exactly What to Focus on and What to Stay Away From, You Can Get Your Listing to The Top Quickly.
What I’m About to Share With You Can & Will Have a Very Positive Impact on Your Business For The Rest of This Year and Beyond…
So in Order to Get The Most Out of This Training, While It’s Still Online, Is to Eliminate ALL Distractions and Get Out a Pen & Paper to Take Notes. Close Your Door, Mute Your Phone and Get Ready to Learn. This Will Make You More Money in 2015.
This Training Will Focus ONLY on Exactly What Works Right Now in 2015, Not What Used to Work. No Fluff or Theory, Just The Areas You Need to Focus on for FAST Results And Real Long-Term Staying Power at The Top of Google Maps.
Go to: http://mylocalresults.com/Maps2015 to Start Your FREE Google My Business in 2015 Local “7-pack” Maps Optimization Training!
Watch This Video Again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Q48xXfqGM
This video focuses on google my business seo and also google my business optimization & setup in 2015. It also can be used as a google my business optimization tutorial and google my business website building manual. I exaplain why should my business use google plus and google my business wordpress subject matter, google my business 2015, google my business youtube and finally google for my business….Phew!
Google Maps Local SEO – Local Search Engine Optimization Training in 2015
Getting your company reviewed on Google Places (Google Local Business Center) can help your listing move up the search rankings. Get some helpful tips on how you can optimize your Google Local listing using customer reviews. Learn more about local marketing from Kutenda at http://kutenda.com.
In this episode of Marketing in a Minute, we cover five of the best ways to generate more local business. From getting involved in your community to teaming up with other small businesses, we have the tips you need to grow your company.
Visit the Staples Business Hub for more tips: http://bit.ly/14qgAiP
http://carmensognonvi.com How to market your business at a street fair.
Local street fairs are a great place to attract new customers for your local business. In this video, Carmen Sognonvi shares her list of 7 do’s and don’ts when it comes to marketing your business at a street fair.
Get Free Local Business Tips:
Subscribe to YouTube Channel:
Like on Facebook:
Follow On Twitter:
Add On Google+:
“local business” “local marketing” “carmen sognonvi” “street fair” “booth ideas” “fair booth ideas”